The education of children and youth must lead to true wisdom by connecting all knowledge to a Christian worldview of the world. Any genuine education must include a view of the future, and the future includes the eternal perspective. If our students are educated and enter into adult life knowing God and thinking and acting from a biblical worldview, we believe the potential to capture the next generation and their world for Christ can become a reality.
At the elementary school at PCS, we strive to lay a solid, Christian foundation by including:
- A strong academic curriculum reflecting a biblical worldview
- Daily Bible lessons
- An Accelerated Reading Program
- A Reading Center available for students with learning differences
- Chapel Programs weekly
- Music, art, computer, and Spanish classes
- Library visits and P.E.
- A Spalding Reading Program, which is a phonics-based, multi-sensory program with emphasis also on comprehension, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and writing
- Advanced classes available in reading and math for Grades 5 and 6
- Yearly Stanford Achievement Test given through MAIS testing program with scores above grade level.
- Emphasis on community service projects and helping others
- Upper elementary extra-curricular programs in cheerleading, football, and basketball
- Field Trips